Do you want to show your live broadcast to visitors of your website or blog? Videolinq can help! Watch a 2-minute tutorial video below or follow the step listed in this article.
Create a Player for a Live Stream
Configure a live channel and start your video source. To send video only to the player create a destination, but ignore it and don't start it. Confirm you see video in the channel preview player. Push "Go Live" to activate the channel.
Click on the Player tab under the channel preview player.
At this point you have 2 options:
(a) Click on the widget link and launch an instance player ready to be configured!
(b) Copy the HLS path we provide and put it in any HTML5 player (JW Player, Flowplayer, THEOPlayer, Video.js, or any other player that can stream HLS video).
When using the Videolinq Player as shown in the image below, give the player a name you will remember, adjust player controls and colors, or use our advertising plugin that integrates with 3rd party advertising platform supporting the VAST or IMA protocols. Use this tool to monetize live or recorded videos.
Last step, look at the red arrow pointing to the green tab: click on this link and a popup window will show up with HTML code to copy and paste to your website or blog. Few things to remember:
- You can make changes to the player configuration without updating the embed code on your website or blog.
- You don't need to create a new player every time you start streaming. The player remembers the live channel stream key and will show video every time the channel is "live".
- Remember that for the video to show in the player you must activate the channel by pushing the "Go Live" green button.
Tips & Tricks: The Videolinq player has no restrictions and can point to ANY 3rd party streaming service provider or content delivery network (CDN) that support HLS as video playback. All you need to do is send the video to these other services first by adding them as a channel destination, sending them your live video, getting the HLS path, and creating the player!
Create a Player for Video-on-Demand (VOD)
Click on the Player icon on the left navigation bar.
Create a new player and customize its features:
- Give the player a name you will remember.
- Select "Live" to hide the video seek bar, or "Video-on-demand" to display the seek bar. Add in this box the path to the media. See examples below.
- Select from 4 preset skin designs and change the player colors to match your website look & feel.
- Add/remove optional player controls.
- Preview the player design, and if all works fine, click to generate an iFrame code. Copy & paste the code to your website or blog.
Example of player path to Videolinq hosted media (0000 is your account number) -
Example path to 3rd party CDN supporting HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) -
IMPORTANT: When you point to the player code video source HLS path to Videolinq you will be using Videolinq as your content delivery network (CDN). Additional data transfer cost per GB will apply.
Promotion: Earn 200 GB data transfer credit for every review you write about Videolinq. For more information visit: https://videolinq.com/reviews.