Crossposting live videos on Facebook is a way to use videos across multiple Pages and Groups. First, you'll need to establish a crossposting relationship with another Page or Group unless you already have an admin or editor role on that Page or Group. Crossposting live video works only when you create a Videolinq Destination using the "Login to Facebook" option as described in this article.
Create a Videolinq Destination and select the "Login to Facebook" option. Select your timeline as destination for the live stream. Begin broadcasting on the channel and send live video to the destination.
Login to Facebook with the same credentials you used to connect Videolinq to Facebook in Step 1. Find the live stream on your timeline and click the upper right dots ... as shown below. This will expand the selection. Click on "Edit Live Video".
The Facebook Studio console will open. Look for the lower part of the page and click the "Share" button.
You will be prompt to select groups you want the video to be posted on. The list of groups shown represents groups you administer, or groups you have an "Editor role" on. Select targets groups and click "Share".
Live video from your broadcast will appear on the groups you shared the post with. When the broadcast ends, the live video will convert to video-on-demand (VOD) and becomes available on the same post.
In summary, here are few Pro's and Con's to help consider this option:
- Live video viewer count will appear on all crossposts.
- Video metrics such as views will roll up to the original broadcast - you can see which Page is driving the most views.
- You can build relationships with Pages that produce high-quality content.
- Comments and reactions from your Page's live video won't appear in the other Page's crossposted broadcast, and viewers can't see where the original live video is coming from.
- You will have to keep an eye out for comments and questions that may appear on other Pages and Groups.
- Only live videos created via the Live API are eligible for live crossposting, and live video from a mobile device can't be crossposted.
Like what you read and interested to try Videolinq to crosspost video on Facebook? Open a 7-Day FREE trial account.
#FacebookLive #FacebookCrossposting #FacebookGroups #LiveStreaming