You are new to Videolinq and trying to use your computer or mobile device webcam as a video source for your live stream, but the webcam will not start!
To use a webcam as a video source for a channel do this:
Add a Webcam as a video source. Give the webcam a name you will remember.
Video sources appear on the right side of the video channel page. Identify the new Webcam source and click on the green "play" icon. It will turn to a red "stop". When prompt, allow Videolinq to connect to the computer or mobile device camera and microphone sources.
The Webcam widget will show four icons under the preview player:
- Audio enable/disable
- Camera enable/disable
- Webcam settings - select audio/video source
- Share desktop or program and toggle between the webcam video and shared program/browser.
Push "Go Live" to activate the channel. Add destinations and start them or create a player with embed code.
Common Webcam Problems
- Webcam video will not start: some anti virus programs may block the browser from accessing the camera/microphone sources.
- Webcam video is black: click on settings (image 2) and enable the correct video source/camera.
- Webcam audio is not mute: click on settings (image 2) and enable the correct audio source.
- Webcam video does not show on my player or destinations: remember to push "Go Live" to activate live video on the channel. When using destinations, you must start each destination to send live video to that destination.
- Webcam bitrate and resolution are low: the webcam widget auto sense available bandwidth. Low resolution or bitrate means poor internet connection. Change location or connectivity to improve video and audio output.
Tips & Tricks: Webcam as a video source can be used to capture cameras or video sources connected to a computer via USB cable. The webcam settings will allow you to select recognized devices as a source. When using Webcam as a video source remember not to close the browser tab as it will disconnect the video from the channel.